Kevin M. Shea, CFP®, CPA
Title:Senior Financial Advisor
Education:B.S. in Accounting, Clemson University
Kevin is a Senior Financial Advisor in the Hampton Roads office with over 20 years of experience providing insurance, investment, retirement planning and estate consulting services to executive-level and high-net-worth clients.
Having worked both in the financial planning and tax/ accounting industries, Kevin has a deep understanding of investment risk tolerance. He specializes in designing diversified investment allocation strategies customized to meet each client’s overall financial objectives. He provides retirement planning services to business owners in addition to helping to craft and properly fund business succession plans. He also works with postretirement clients with developing wealth transfer and income distribution strategies.
Kevin specializes in providing investment advisory services to business owners and professionals in the government contracting industry. He has extensive experience working with government contractors and understands the business challenges involved when doing business with the Federal government.
In 2007, Kevin was recognized as a Top 40 Under 40 honoree by Inside Business. His success in the insurance industry has also earned Kevin membership in the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) Association and participated in the CEG Worldwide Roundtable, a national coaching program for top financial advisors.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Benefits & Retirement Plans
- Estates & Trusts
- Financial & Retirement Planning
- Government Entities
- High-Net-Worth Individuals
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Life, Disability, and Long-Term Care Insurance
- Small Business Owners
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Series 6, 63 & 65 Securities Licenses and Life & Health Insurance licenses
- The Noblemen, Virginia Beach