Wesley H. Watkins, CPA/PFS
Education:BS in Accounting, Radford University; Masters of Taxation, Virginia Commonwealth University
Wes is a Certified Public Accountant and Financial Advisor with 35 years of experience assisting executives professionals, business owners and high-net-worth individuals in the development, implementation and monitoring of personal financial plans.
With his unique and distinct perspective, Wes guides clients through an objective financial planning process where planning strategies are developed around specific personal goals related to financial, investment, estate and risk management. By focusing on personal goals and values, Wes is able to help clients evaluate, form conclusions and make decisions in identifying the most appropriate strategies to incorporate into their plan.
In addition to serving as the Managing Director of Cherry Bekaert Wealth Management LLC (CBWM), Wes also serves as CBWM President, CBWM Investment Committee Chair and as a member of the CBWM Policies Committee. Wes is also a Managing Director of Tax Services offered through Cherry Bekaert LLP, and serves on the firm’s Retirement Plan Committee.
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Wes served as managing director of tax and wealth management services for the Richmond office of RSM McGladrey, Inc.
- Company Benefits & Retirement Plan Consulting
- Estate, Gift & Trust Planning
- Financial & Retirement Planning
- High-Net-Worth Family and Individual Tax Planning
- Investment Management & Advisory Services
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Personal Financial Planning Section of AICPA
- Richmond Estate Planning Council
- Richmond Private Business Study Group
- Registered Investment Advisor Representative, Series 65
- Board Director, Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia, Inc.
- Past Board of Director and Treasurer, Bull Run Hunt, Inc.